What I used:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup crushed pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
How I did:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (175 deg C). Grease muffin pan with butter or line up with muffin liners.
- In a bowl, beat eggs along with butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in pineapple juice and almond extract.
- In separate bowl put all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and half of the sliced almonds. Stir well and pour into pineapple mixture. Stir to moisten.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan upto 2/3 level full and sprinkle rest of the almonds over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Serve warm. Can also be stored in an air tight container upto a week in the refrigerator.