What I used:
Large papads : 3 (Masala papads taste best, but could use any type of papads)
Plain yogurt : 1 tbsp
Green chillies : 2 (slit lengthwise)
Red chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
Chopped coriander : 1 to 2 tbsp (chopped)
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds : 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds : 1 tspTurmeric : one big pinch
Aesofoetida : one big pinch
Coriander powder : 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala : 1/4 tsp
Ghee : 1 tbsp
Salt : as required
Water : 1 cup
How I did:
- Break the papads into approximately 1" pieces and keep the aside.
- Heat ghee in a sauce pan on medium heat, add aesofoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, turmeric powder, green chillies, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and yogurt.
- When the yogurt is well mixed with other ingredients and nicely browned, add a cup of water and salt.
- Bring it a boil and add the papad pieces.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the papads are soft and all the water is almost evaporated.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with any roti.