What I used:
Prepared Bajjis : 10
Onion : 1/2 (finely chopped)
Lemon juice : 1 to 2 tbsp or as required
Rock salt : 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder : 1/4 tsp
Chopped coriander : 1 tbsp
Oil : for deep frying
How I did:
- Cut the bajjis into 1" pieces horizontally. We may get 3 to 4 pieces out of each bajji.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat till sizzling, add 10 to 12 pieces of bajji and fry for about 2 minutes till they are crisp and the green chillies inside are well fried.
- Transfer them to a paper towel to absorb excess oil and then to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle rock salt, coriander powder, chopped coriander and onions.
- Drizzle some lemon juice on top and serve.
- Additionally could serve few thin onion slices and lemon wedges aside.
Note: If you are making cut mirchi with the leftover bajjis then its fine. But if you've planned to make them before even making bajjis, then while frying the bajjis, take them off from the oil as soon as they are just cooked. Bajjis doesn't have to be cooked completely from inside as you'll be frying them for second time any way.